I've been cosplaying casually since 2007 but recently been working hard to raise my game! I usually attend London MCM Expo but try to get to a few more events and meets where I can!

Currently Working On:
- Aramis (The Musketeers) / progress tag
- Belle, blue town dress (Beauty and the Beast) / progress tag

Links:
Cosplays
Cosplay Island
Pinterest
Instagram

Bleh, crappy webcam pic but I’m a lot happier with the alterations to my Belle blouse mock-up. I need to make the front, sleeves and cuffs a little bigger but otherwise I’m pleased. 
The cuff appears open because I’m going to attach snap-fasteners when I do it properly.
(mock-ups are brilliant because I know what I’m doing when it comes to doing the ‘proper’ thing, plus it helps use up all my leftover fabric)

Bleh, crappy webcam pic but I’m a lot happier with the alterations to my Belle blouse mock-up. I need to make the front, sleeves and cuffs a little bigger but otherwise I’m pleased. 

The cuff appears open because I’m going to attach snap-fasteners when I do it properly.

(mock-ups are brilliant because I know what I’m doing when it comes to doing the ‘proper’ thing, plus it helps use up all my leftover fabric)

First draft of my Belle shirt mock-up (I only tend to do one sleeve) and there are a few adjustments I need to make. Those being that it’s a little tight across the bust so I’ll have to resize, I’m happy with the length of the collar but cut open the shirt too much, bring the sleeve up and alter the shape because wtf happened there.
All are simple enough though.

First draft of my Belle shirt mock-up (I only tend to do one sleeve) and there are a few adjustments I need to make. Those being that it’s a little tight across the bust so I’ll have to resize, I’m happy with the length of the collar but cut open the shirt too much, bring the sleeve up and alter the shape because wtf happened there.

All are simple enough though.

Did the mock-up for Belle’s bodice today (using the old dress I made years ago). First attempt just straight from the pattern I did (oops, didn’t realise the back was bunched up). Then the second with amendments. I think the sides need to come down a little further over my hips. And I clearly need to practice invisible zips a bit more, though I know where I went wrong.

It’s not hemmed, being just a mock-up, which is why the straps look a little wide.

Got the stuff to begin the braces! From what I can tell, they’re thin blue braces (flash was on the camera so my material looks lighter than it actually is), but I can’t tell how they’re attached to the trousers yet. Feel free to chip in if you know. ETA: an eHow article says they were first attached with ribbon ties in the 1700s and then moved on to button attachments. Can’t seem to find when the switch was yet.

UPDATE: Buttons. It’s not a clear crop from a screencap but where the braces meet the trousers there is a slightly darker circle in the middle. Plus they’re being held against the trousers very closely, as you’d get with a button. If it were a tie, you’d see some slack or the ends dangling. But, as always, if I’m wrong, do chip in.

Why does it matter anyway? Nobody will actually see it and it’s just a costume. Well it matters because I’d know about it and I’m horrifically picky about some of my own stuff.

All along them are those rounded diamond shapes with a simple enough pattern on them. But there’s a lot of them and it’ll be fiddly so I’m making a start early. May want to get a slightly darker thread though. The one in the picture is leftover from my Pendragon crest.

Belle bodice pattern! The front on the left, the back on the right. Accidentially did the neckline too low on the front part so I’ve made a note on it. And to add the seam allowance when I’m marking out on the fabric.

Belle bodice pattern! The front on the left, the back on the right. Accidentially did the neckline too low on the front part so I’ve made a note on it. And to add the seam allowance when I’m marking out on the fabric.